Reusing a Bridesmaid Dress
Always a bridesmaid and never a bride? That’s alright. I have some awesome tips to wear that old bridesmaid dress again!
Tips for Restyling your Bridesmaid Dress
- Hem it! Was it a floor length gown? Hem that baby to a length you like and wear it out.
- Another wedding! Yep, wear your bridesmaid dress to another wedding. Just make sure you’re not wearing a dress that’s similar to one of the wedding colors you’re attending.
- Dye it! Yep, you read that right. Dye that dress. Any dress can be a little black dress with the right concentration of black dye and a good seamstress.
- Donate it! Someone else could totally use a dress. Donate to your local Goodwill and give someone a little extra love.
- Sell it! If you can’t part with it from a donation standpoint, you could totally sell it and make a few bucks back.
There’s so many different options when you’ve got a bridesmaid dress to give new life to. The photos featured are from a wedding I stood up in a few years ago and rewore to a wedding earlier in the month. It was so much fun ad great to give new memories to a dress. Unfortunately, it had to get donated after that because it doesn’t fit the way it used to but that just means it gets a third life! That’s all but unheard of in bridesmaid dresses.
Have you ever reused a bridesmaid dress? What did you do? Tell me in the comments!